This post may contain affiliate links. Shopping through these links is at no additional expense for you.
1. Where did Jesus go to live? (Mt. 4:13)
2. This fulfilled a __________ made be ___________. (Mt. 4:14)
3. What was Jesus spending His time doing? (Lk. 4:31)
4. What was He preaching now? (Mt. 4:17)
5. Walking by the __________ of ________, Jesus saw _________ and ___________ casting a net into the sea. (Mt. 4:18; Mk. 1:16)
6. What job did He say He’d give to them? (Mt. 4:19; Mk. 1:17)
7. Did they wait awhile to go with Jesus? (Mt. 4:20; Mk. 1:18;)
8. Three more fishermen were in a boat mending nets. Who were they? (Mt. 4:21; Mk. 1:19;
9. Did they wait to follow? (Mt. 4:22; Mk. 1:20; Lk. 5:11)
10. Read Luke 5:1-11. What is different about this story compared to Matthew’s and Mark’s telling?
11. Put these events in chronological order.
_______ Jesus walks around the lake teaching.
_______ Jesus tells Peter and Andrew to be fishers of men.
_______ Jesus gets into Simon/Peter’s boat.
_______ The net comes up so full it is breaking.
_______ James and John come to help.
_______ They all four immediately leave what they are doing to follow Jesus.
_______ Jesus tells Simon to try fishing again.
______ Jesus tells John and James of Zebedee to be fishers of men.
NOTE: See how one story can fill in the blanks of another. This does not mean that either telling is untrue.