Jesus Goes to Capernaum/Disciples Called: The Good News: Lesson 18
This post may contain affiliate links. Shopping through these links is at no additional expense for you.
The Good News
Jesus Goes to Capernaum
1. Where did Jesus go to live? (Mt. 4:13)
2. This fulfilled a __________ made be ___________. (Mt. 4:14)
3. What was Jesus spending His time doing? (Lk. 4:31)
4. What was He preaching now? (Mt. 4:17)
Location: Sea of Galilee
5. Walking by the __________ of ________, Jesus saw _________ and ___________ casting a net into the sea. (Mt. 4:18; Mk. 1:16)
6. What job did He say He’d give to them? (Mt. 4:19; Mk. 1:17)
7. Did they wait awhile to go with Jesus? (Mt. 4:20; Mk. 1:18;)
8. Three more fishermen were in a boat mending nets. Who were they? (Mt. 4:21; Mk. 1:19;
9. Did they wait to follow? (Mt. 4:22; Mk. 1:20; Lk. 5:11)
10. Read Luke 5:1-11. What is different about this story compared to Matthew’s and Mark’s telling?
11. Put these events in chronological order.
_______ Jesus walks around the lake teaching.
_______ Jesus tells Peter and Andrew to be fishers of men.
_______ Jesus gets into Simon/Peter’s boat.
_______ The net comes up so full it is breaking.
_______ James and John come to help.
_______ They all four immediately leave what they are doing to follow Jesus.
_______ Jesus tells Simon to try fishing again.
______ Jesus tells John and James of Zebedee to be fishers of men.
NOTE: See how one story can fill in the blanks of another. This does not mean that either telling is untrue.