Scripture Writing Club
In January 2017, I introduced scripture writing plans to replace the daily Bible reading schedules and Proverbs Every Day schedules we had been following for awhile.
Your response to the plans was fabulous! Many people in The Diligent Woman Facebook group have followed the plans each month. Some even shared pictures of their writing! It has been so encouraging to grow daily with all of you.
The feedback has been so positive that I have done a couple of things for this year:
- Last year’s twelve scripture writing plans are now available as printed books on Amazon! Choose the theme you want and have a place to write out these daily scriptures. You can take it anywhere. The 6×9 inch size makes it easy to tuck into most purses and diaper bags. Each scripture writing also has a companion page that asks you questions that help you to apply that day’s verse to your own life. This makes the study personal to you. Suddenly you have a word study, daily Bible reading habit, and life application study all in one! Some of my favorite themes are Wisdom, Diligence (of course), Sound Words, and Promises Kept. There are eight others, so find that one that speaks to your heart where you are now.
- Scripture Writing Plans will be available again in 2018, just like last year, via blog post. Those will go live in the wee small hours of the morning on the first day of every month. They will be shared on social media and in our Daily Diligence email throughout the day. If you’d like to receive the plan that way, choose your favorite social media platform and follow me so you get the updates. Here is where you can find me:
- Twitter @ TheDiligentLife
- Facebook @ TheDiligentWoman and The Diligent Woman Facebook Group
- Instagram @ thediligentwoman
- Pinterest @ DiligentWoman (OK – this one isn’t really social media, it’s a search engine – but we will include it here for simplicity. Ha!)
- You can sign up to receive the Daily Diligence emails – you don’t actually receive them daily, the name is to remind you to be diligent every day. 😉
- A new aspect this for 2018 will be the Scripture Writing Club. This comes with a few bonuses.
- You receive the next month’s scripture writing plan on the last of the month. For example, February’s plan will be sent out the morning of January 31st.
- Four times in the month you will receive a scripture image that goes along with the plan. This will be sized so you can share it on social media, print it to keep near your desk for encouragement, or save it on your phone as a lock screen wallpaper. Just an image to help keep what you are learning at the forefront of your mind.
- On the first day of the month, you will receive a printable bookmark that goes along with the month’s theme, to print out and mark your place in your Bible or in your scripture writing notebook/journal.
You choose which method supports you the most and then just run with it. Each of us is working to be more intentional in some way. Many of have expressed to me how daily Bible reading and prayer time are the things they feel most guilty about neglecting. The answer to that guilt is asking forgiveness of the Lord, forgiving yourself and leaving the past behind you, and diligently stepping forward to do something different.
I like to say scripture writing can be where your intention turns into success!
It’s baby steps.
It’s doing something.
Why not join with The Diligent Woman and start right here?