The Baptism of Jesus
Read Matthew 3:13-17; Mark 1:9-11; Luke 3:21-23
1. Jesus came from _________________ to the Jordan
river to John to be ____________________. (Mt.3:13; Mk. 1:9; Lk. 3:21)
2. Did John immediately baptize Jesus? (Mt.3:14-15)
3. Was Jesus the only one baptized at this time? (Lk. 3:21)
4. Why did Jesus say He needed to be baptized by John? (Mt. 3:15)
4. For what reason was John baptizing? (Mt. 3:11)
What is the reason for baptism today? (Acts 2:38)
5. What is baptism and do we need to do it? (Mk. 16:16; Rom. 6:4; Gal. 3:27)
6. Write 1 Peter 3:21.
7. Did Jesus need to be baptized to wash away His sins? (2 Cor. 5:21; Heb. 4:15; 1Jn. 3:9)
YES or NO
Why or why not?
8. What happened after Jesus was baptized? (Mt.3:16; Mk. 1:10; Lk. 3:21-22)
9. Was there a real dove? YES or NO
10. What did the voice say? (Mt. 3:17; Mk. 1:11; Lk. 3:22)
11. How old was Jesus when He began preaching? (Lk.3:23)
12. Should we believe that baptism is important for us because Jesus did it also? (1 Pet.2:21)
Jesus is our ___________ to follow.