This post may contain affiliate links. Shopping through these links is at no additional expense for you.
The Temptation of Jesus
1. Where did the Spirit lead Jesus? (Mt.4:1; Mk.1:12; Lk. 4:1)
2. What was going to happen to Him there?
3. How long was Jesus in the wilderness? (Mt. 4:2; Mk. 1:13; Lk. 4:2)
4. What does “fasted” mean? (Mt. 4:2; Lk. 4:2)
7. What was the first thing Satan used to tempt Jesus? (Mt. 4:3; Lk.4:3)
8. What did Jesus say? (Mt. 4:4; Lk.4:4)
9. Where did Satan take Jesus? (Mt. 4:5; Lk.4:9)
10. Where did they go in the city?
11. What did Satan tempt Jesus with here? (Mt. 4:6; Lk.4:9-11)
12. What did Jesus say? (Mt. 4:7; Lk. 4:12)
13. Where was the third place they went? (Mt. 4:8; Lk. 4:5)
14. How did Satan tempt Jesus this time? (Mt. 4:9; Lk. 4:6-7)
15. How did Jesus respond? (Mt. 4:10; Lk. 4:8)
16. Who came after Satan left? (Mt. 4:11; Mk. 1:13)
17. All sin falls into what three categories, according to 1 John 2:16?
18. Which of Jesus’ temptations falls into each category?
a. Lust of the Flesh
b. Lust of the Eyes
c. Pride of Life
20. Read Heb. 4:14-16. According to these verses, what can Jesus do for us because of the temptations He went through?
Connecting some dots:
23. In Ephesians 2:1-2, “the prince of the power of the air” is associated with what?
Even though Jesus was tempted by Satan, these other scriptures show that Satan never had a hold of Jesus. Jesus came to break Satan’s power, and He DID it! (Heb. 2:14)