This post may contain affiliate links. Shopping through these links is at no additional expense for you.
1. List the “Blessed” that are in this passage
2. How are we “salt” and “light”? (You might need to look up what salt does to things to understand this well.
3. What should our “good works” cause? (Mt. 5:16)
4. What did Jesus come to do? (Mt. 5:17)
5. What did Jesus say would put a person in danger of the judgment in Matthew 5:21-22?
6. What were they to do before they offered sacrifice for themselves to God? (Mt. 5:23-24)
7. How seriously does Jesus take it if we have something that is leading us to sin? (Mt. 5:29-30)
8. What is the only way to divorce without putting your spouse in jeopardy of being an adulterer? (Mt. 5:31-32)
9. In Matthew 5:33-37, Jesus is making a point about the way we speak – what is His point?
10. In Matthew 5:38-48, Jesus says to give your things to people, but to make sure that you get them back. TRUE or FALSE
11. Jesus teaches about how to worship in Matthew 6:1-21. Describe how a hypocrite worships in one paragraph, then how the righteous should worship in another paragraph.
12. Can you tell how Matthew 6:19-21 sums up the problems in the verses before them? Explain.
13. What is the cure for all our worries and cares? (Mt. 6:31-34)
14. Jesus teaches HOW to judge in Matthew 7:1-5. What is the order in which to do things?
15. Matthew 7:12 – Write it here.
What do people sometimes call this idea?
16. What does Matthew 7:13-14 teach you about the paths we may be on in life?
17. What lesson should we take to heart from Matthew 7:15-23?
18. Again, what did people recognize about Jesus’ teaching? (Mt. 7:28)