The Good News
Lesson Twenty – Two
A Leper Healed
1. Who came to Jesus in Matthew 8:2, Mark 1:40, and Luke 5:12?
What did he say?
2. What did Jesus do and why? (Mt. 8:3; Mk.1:41; Lk.5:12)
3. How long did the healing take?
4. What did Jesus tell the man to do? (Mt. 8:4; Mk. 1:44; Lk. 5:14)
5. What did the man do and what situation did it create for Jesus? (Mk. 1:45; Lk. 5:15-16)
6. Research: Look up the law in the Old Testament regarding cleansing after an illness. Write a report describing the process.
The Healing of a Paralytic
7. Whose faith did Jesus recognize in Matthew 9:2, Mark 2:5, and Luke 5:20?
8. The scribes and Pharisees thought Jesus blasphemed God by saying He forgave the sins of the man with palsy. This showed they did not believe Jesus to be sent by God. How did Jesus respond to them? (Mt.9:6-7; Mk. 2:10-12; Lk. 5:23-25)